This person will work very closely with the Creative Director who is the foremost practitioner of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design within the team.
The team structure so far is a Creative Director, a Design Director, 3 Designers, 2 Strategists, 2 Project Managers and 2 Artworkers.
The role will be 80:20 split with a lion share of the focus being on an online journal/editorial publisher. Approximately 80% of the work will be UI/UX. The role will be supporting the Creative Director with the client going forward and will be assisting with the journey mapping and information architecture and design.
- A degree in graphic design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline
- Highly skilled in InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of UX principles
- Experience in UX wireframing
- The ability to create website UI's from wireframes and production of assets and specifications
- Knowledge designing for responsive states and frameworks
- Proven knowledge of the latest trends in digital design
- Expert knowledge of industry standard software
- Some experience in a teaching environment would be beneficial
- Workshopping and user profiling experience would be an advantage
- Print knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
To apply, please attach a relevant CV & folio.