The top most trusted retailer with a head office in central London, is looking for a Design Operations Assistant to join their Digital/ UX team. You will be working within the Design Operations Team which is at the very centre of this client’s design community and who have a mission of maximising the speed, impact and scale of design delivered, whilst ensuring that the team stay connected, happy and thrive professionally.
You will be part of a team responsible for managing processes, projects, practices, tools, communications and budgets across the Digital/ UX team, whilst supporting the design community and ensuring that the environment is perfectly set-up for them to deliver.
You will be working closely with a dynamic team of talented UX, UI, Product, Service Designers, Guidelines Designers and Researchers, working with cross-functional agile teams across a broad range of services, touch-points and tools for both their customer and colleague facing products.
You should be someone who loves getting things done, someone who has a meticulous eye for detail, loves enabling others and building your network in order to bring in new ideas and opportunities. All of this you will do in a creative, customer-focused and agile environment which is constantly changing and evolving for the better.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to step into the complex but exciting world of digital product and service design for a retail group that is going through a unprecedented digital transformation – and to work in a team at the very heart of this change.
- Assist with the smooth day-to-day running of the Digital/ UX team, including the on-boarding and off-boarding of colleagues, in line with corporate operating models, processes and policies
- Be a central point of contact for the team, responding to and resolving questions, issues and business problems to help the department run efficiently
- Support the day-to-day resourcing of work and projects across the team as well as long-term planning
- Support the smooth running of the design community for practice activities and events
- Build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with designers, stakeholders external partners and suppliers
- Foster connectivity across cross-functional teams through building positive working relationships and nurturing community network
- Contribute to new ways of building the external presence and awareness of the team
- Maintain consistent high standards
- Take ownership for your tasks and constantly seek to improve your performance
- Experience working with or the desire to work with digital designers in a creative environment
- The principles of strong account, studio and project management skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project Management Tools and Software
- Experience of Design Operations, Studio Management, Production, Project Management, Creative Services, Event Management, Studio Management and/or Human Resources
- Experience of working with designers and an understanding of their needs is also essential
- Great communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where excellence in delivery is paramount
- Experience working across multiple priorities whilst being able to maintain a high standard of attention to detail with good communication
- Flexibility – willing to offer support where required
- An ability to spot opportunities to improve ways of working and processes
- A curiosity to understand how what you do impacts on the wider business
- Have enthusiasm and initiative for new ideas, solutions and approaches
- Inter-personal, organisational and communication skills, with great attention to detail
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated and confident person
- Comfortable being a facilitator and organiser