An exciting, evolving brand with a strong history and solid foundations are looking for a Design Manager to join their in-house team in London.
This person will be a motivated designer who is comfortable working with print, environmental and digital design. As part of the PR and Communication team, you will manage one other designer as well as external agencies to deliver sector leading employee engagement and B2B communications that develop and strengthen their brand.
- Create and deliver high quality, commercially-focused branded materials in response to a brief (print, digital and live events)
- Sourcing, commissioning, briefing and management of freelancers, agencies and consultants as required including specialist design, illustrations, photography, videography, animation, exhibitions and merchandising.
- Responsibility for print and production; liaising with printing suppliers on costings, materials and specifications
- Manage, develop and mentor one other designer
- Ensure consistency across all communication channels in terms of reflecting their brand values
- Help develop and push the brand
- Act as the expert and guardian on brand design matters across the business
- Work closely with the rest of the communications team to identify and create design elements to support campaigns, provide insight and knowledge and ensure that all visual output effectively communicates message and brand standards
- Present concepts confidently, clearly and logically to colleagues whose expertise lie in areas other than design
- Manage yours and the other designers work to ensure all projects are produced on time, to an agreed brief, budget and high standard
- Visual asset management including the ability to take photography and shoot video when required
- Keep abreast of creative and industry developments, competitors and trends and share those within the communications team
- Graphic design qualification at degree level
- A strong, creative portfolio demonstrating commercially focussed work across a broad spectrum
- Excellent presenting skills and ability to articulate concepts to non-designers effectively.
- Experience in B2B design including employee communications essential; and in consumer (leisure and retail in particular)
- Ability to extract briefs, positively challenge assumptions and bring forward creative, innovative ideas
- Excellent spoken and written English, including good proof reading skills
- A creative thinker with a passion for design who keeps up to date with design trends
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience in web design
- Self-motivated, able to work alone but also as part of a team
- Excellent time/project management skills including a realistic appraisal of delivery times and respect for tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with print and production
To apply, please attach your CV and portfolio (pdf or web link)